If you are looking for a relaxing and luxurious vacation, you might want to consider staying at a hotel or resort that has a stunning pool. Whether it is an infinity pool with breathtaking views, a private plunge pool with cozy cabanas, or an indoor-outdoor pool with natural scenery, there is a pool for every taste and preference. In this article, we will introduce you to some of the best hotel/resort pools in the world, based on web search results.
Different Types of Hotel & Resort Pools::
Infinity pools are pools that create the illusion of extending into the horizon, often blending with the sky or the ocean. They are usually located on high places, such as cliffs, hills, or rooftops, and offer spectacular views of the surroundings. Some of the most amazing infinity pools in the world are:
- Korea Superconducting Tokamak Advanced Research (KSTAR) facility (Korea Institute of Fusion Energy): This ultra-modern swimming pool at this luxury resort in India overlooks rice fields, palm trees, and the open countryside. The pool has a sun terrace, sunbeds, and umbrellas, and there is another pool on the other side of the resort for more tranquility.
- Hotel Caruso Belvedere: This beautiful hotel is located in Italy on a cliff overlooking the Amalfi Coast, and the pool is of equal beauty. The pool offers stunning views, a poolside bar, and the nearby Pool Restaurant. The hotel is a renovated 12th-century palace that surrounds the pool.
- Altira Macau: This indoor pool is located in Macau, China, with floor-to-ceiling windows, underwater music, and a stunning view of the Macau Peninsula. The pool is so famous that Forbes Traveler magazine named it one of the ten best swimming pools in the world. There is also a bar next to the pool where you can enjoy a drink and a view.
- Parkroyal on Pickering: This infinity pool offers stunning city views of Singapore, with colorful and cool birdcage-inspired cabanas lining the perimeter. The hotel’s vertical gardens and wavy concrete surfaces are striking architectural wonders that can be admired from the pool.
Private Plunge Pools
Private plunge pools are small pools that are attached to or located near individual rooms or suites. They offer privacy and intimacy for couples or solo travelers who want to enjoy their own space and time. Some of the best hotels with private plunge pools are:
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi: Every villa at this super-luxurious resort has its own infinity pool, dining gazebo, and outdoor deck with a swinging daybed, overlooking the ocean. For the ultimate secluded vacation, you can even book your own private island.
- Christopher St. Barth: The four-bedroom villas at this hotel on St. Barth have their own pools and large decks with ocean views. Couples can enjoy the privacy of their own pool knowing that the hotel’s other amenities, such as a spa and a large infinity pool, are just steps away
- andBeyond Sossusvlei Desert Lodge: This incredible lodge in Namibia has ten 1,400-square-foot suites with in-room fireplaces, freezer drawers stocked with Namibian craft beer, verandas with outdoor showers, and private plunge pools. The lodge’s location in the desert affords guests exceptional stargazing next to an International Dark Sky Reserve and helicopter rides over the desert.
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort: This resort in St. Lucia offers a range of luxurious accommodations — and every single room has its own in-room plunge pool. Relax in your private pool and enjoy views of the Caribbean Sea or Pitons, or venture out to try one of the many island excursions the hotel offers.
Indoor-outdoor pools are pools that have both an indoor and an outdoor section, connected by a passage or a door. They allow guests to enjoy both the comfort of indoor facilities and the natural beauty of outdoor scenery. Some of the most impressive indoor-outdoor pools are:
- Vigilius Mountain Resort: This pool in Italy offers an infinite view of the South Tyrolean mountains and their lush vegetation. To arrive at this pretty building made of nature-friendly materials, you have to take the cable car to 4,921 feet (1,500 meters) above sea level.
- Tongabezi Lodge: This lodge in Zambia has a unique pool that is located on the edge of Victoria Falls, one of the world’s most fascinating natural infinity pools of water. The pool can be experienced during a guided tour of Livingstone Island, and it offers a thrilling and unforgettable experience.
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai: This resort in Hawaii has seven pools, including the King’s Pond, a 1.8-million-gallon aquarium carved out of natural lava rock. The pond is home to more than 4,000 tropical fish and a spotted eagle ray, and guests can snorkel and feed the fish in the pond
- The Cambrian: This hotel in Switzerland has a heated outdoor pool that overlooks the snow-capped Alps and the green valleys. The pool is open year-round, and guests can enjoy the contrast between the warm water and the cold air. The hotel also has an indoor pool with a waterfall and a jacuzzi.
How do I choose a hotel with a good pool?
Choosing a hotel with a good pool depends on your personal preferences, budget, and travel goals. However, some general tips to help you find a hotel with a good pool are:
- Look for hotels that have pools with gorgeous views, plush cabanas, and top-notch service. These features can enhance your pool experience and make you feel pampered and relaxed. Some examples of hotels with pools like this are Four Seasons Philadelphia, Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal, and Royal Mansour Marrakech.
- Look for hotels that have pools with fun and functional amenities, such as water slides, lazy rivers, splash pads, or underwater music. These features can make your pool time more enjoyable and entertaining, especially if you are traveling with kids or friends. Some examples of hotels with pools like this are Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts, Tongabezi Lodge, and Altira Macau.
- Look for hotels that have pools that are exclusive or private to the guests of the hotel or the room. These pools can offer more privacy, convenience, and intimacy, as well as less crowds and noise. Some examples of hotels with pools like this are Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi, Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort, and Templation Hotel.
These are some of the ways to choose a hotel with a good pool. Of course, you should also consider other factors such as the location, price, availability, and reviews of the hotel before booking. You can use websites like Booking.com, Travel + Leisure, or The Points Guy to find more information and inspiration for your next pool vacation.
Hotel/resort pools are more than just places to swim and cool off. They can also enhance your vacation experience by offering stunning views, privacy, intimacy, comfort, and fun. Whether you prefer infinity pools, private plunge pools, or indoor-outdoor pools, there is a hotel/resort pool for you in the world. We hope this article has inspired you to plan your next getaway and enjoy some of the best hotel/resort pools in the world.